- Hours per week
- Date added
- Apr 18, 2023
- Start date
Journeys is a leader in the teen specialty retail scene, with more than 800 stores in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and Canada. Journeys uses fashion savvy and merchandising science to keep in step with the fast-paced footwear and accessories market for 13 to 22-year-old guys and girls.
Journeys offers various trendy, relevant brands that cater to teens seeking the hottest, new styles. However, the Journeys store is more than a retail environment -- it’s an extension of the teen lifestyle, from the TVs playing exclusive content and the latest music videos to the visual merchandising strategy and promotions to the employees whose image and style reflect the customers’ lifestyle and attitude. Journeys is, in every way, an attitude you can wear!
Journeys are always looking for great people to join our team!
For more information, check out: https://www.journeys.com/careers
WHY WORK FOR JOURNEYS?
- We’re committed to our people – we want you to succeed!
- We offer rapid promotions for top performers – we promote from within.
- Tangible results of your hard work reflected in your paycheck… Work Hard- Make Good Money, Work Harder- Make GREAT Money!
- Compensation includes base pay, sales commission, and bonus potential.
- Great Store Environment
- Excellent Benefits
- We are fun and irreverent and encourage you to embrace your individuality.
To recruit, hire, train, and manage store personnel to achieve store sales plans, control expenses, and to protect company assets while pursuing growth opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet and exceed personal and store sales goals and standards of performance.
- Provide a fun, full-service experience to all customers.
- Recruit, interview, and hire high-caliber employees with in-store needs.
- Train and develop a successful sales team.
- Provide feedback, coaching, and accountability to all employees.
- Conduct Monthly Performance Reviews
- Conduct Monthly Store Meetings
- Recognize talented staff and develop them for growth within the company.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of daily store operations.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of Loss Prevention practices.
- Plan weekly staffing schedules in compliance with the schedules policy.
- Resolve customer issues effectively.
- Understand the Journeys culture and demonstrate it to the team.
Learn more about what it's like to work at Journeys at www.journeys.com/careers
- Prior management experience in a retail environment is preferred.
- 1-2 years of retail sales experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Desire to succeed in the fast-paced retail environment.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to climb, reach, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work 45 hours per week.
- Ability to work night and weekend shifts.
- Completed all training programs leading up to the Manager in Training position.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Must be at least 18 years of age.*
*Age requirement for full-time employment may vary based on state.
Check out the following website for more information on all our awesome benefits:
The hourly pay rate varies per County, City, or State and potential commission results. Benefits offered may include medical, vision, and dental insurance starting on day one, a vacation package, and community service hours.
Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, physical or mental disability of otherwise qualified individuals, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital or registered domestic/civil union partner status, gender identity and/or expression, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring, placement, promotion, termination, reductions in force, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Any applicant or employee who needs a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment or to perform the essential functions of his or her job should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (615)367-7467. Genesco’s employment practices will continue to be directed toward the full utilization of all available human resources. We believe that this approach to our human resources is legally and morally proper and an intelligent and economical business practice.
How to Apply