- Hours per week
- Date added
- Sep 27, 2022
- Start date
The Seamstress/Tailor position’s primary responsibility is to fulfill our mission statement, “to create the most enjoyable shopping experience possible for our Guests.” The Seamstress/Tailor performs a variety of operational tasks to support the execution of alterations in the store, including the hemming of jeans and pants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This description intends to describe the general nature and level of work performed by Teammates assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties, responsibilities and qualifications. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sales Generation and Guest Service
- Perform quality alterations on merchandise at store location
- Follow ticket instructions and markings based on Guest specifications
- Accommodate Guests with on the spot alterations when requested by Store Leaders
- Meet deadlines and Guest expectations for merchandise alterations
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include mornings, evenings, and weekends, and the day of/day after Thanksgiving and Christmas, based upon store and business needs.
- Use Buckle provided sewing machine and supplies to perform alterations.
- Measure and mark alteration lines.
- Pin altering folds or mark on cloth at seam to indicate alterations in progress.
- Remove stitches from garment, using ripper or razor blade.
- Resew merchandise using needle and thread or sewing machine.
- Press merchandise, using a hand iron or steamer.
- Repair defective merchandise.
- Remove spots or stains from merchandise.
- Record all work and follow through on the alteration log.
- Record required alterations and instructions.
- Uphold specified productivity guidelines, generally four jean alterations per hour.
- Maintain a clean, organized and stocked work area and inform a Leader when additional supplies are needed.
- Flexible with hours as they may fluctuate seasonally based upon business need.
- Open-minded for review on the amount of work that needs to be re-done.
- Communicate any policy violations to Store Manager, District Manager, and/or Human Resources in a timely, confidential manner.
- Provide feedback to Store Manager, Assistant Manager, and Floor Leaders regarding merchandise handling concerns.
- Understand and apply the Buckle’s Code of Ethics and all Buckle’s policies, procedures, and handbook
- Fulfill mission statement by performing job duties with a high level of customer service while contributing to a positive team spirit.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related sewing, fitting, and alteration experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Due to the nature of the job, must be 18 years of age or older.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Teammate is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Teammate is frequently required to walk; climb or balance, jump, and talk or hear. The Teammate is occasionally required to sit. Physical ability to lift and maneuver 25lbs throughout the store and backroom. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the Teammate regularly works in a retail store setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Buckle is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified Teammates from the available workforce in the communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunity has been and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Buckle, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination and retaliation because of veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, national origin or ancestry, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable local, state, or federal law. For state specific information, refer to the State Law Supplements found on the Teammate Center, under Human Resources.